Back at the beginning of the lockdown due to the pandemic, we bought some ground beef and portioned out into 5 ounce servings. That is enough for one hamburger or enough as a flavoring in a larger dish. So on Tuesday I defrosted one portion and made a stuffed pepper that contained a mixture of brown rice, onions, mushrooms, and the 5 ounces of beef. That equals about one-ish ounce of beef in each pepper half that I filled. I made my own tomato sauce so I could control what went in it and we each enjoyed one half of a pepper. It has been sometime since I made stuffed peppers this way and it was a streamlined comfort meal for me.
- Grilled flank steak, Brussels sprouts, and grilled potatoes. 5/14/21
- Vegan delight! Sheet pan roasted vegetables with crispy chickpeas. 5/13/21
- Spaghetti with shrimp, pancetta, and Fresno chiles 5/12/21
- Semi-Leftovers For Dinner Classic chicken style. 5/11/21
- Pan-seared salmon and mango salsa, rice, and green beans. 5/10/21